This article is useful to those of you who are not happy with audio/video settings of your camera, mostly video quality (resolution, frame-rate, compression level, ...) or camera credentials.
To find a camera web administration:
- Have your 💻 or 📱 on the same network (router or WiFi access point) as your camera is.
- Note your camera's MAC address - it's not an absolute must, but if you have more devices on your network, finding the camera will be easier.
- Find the camera's IP address - please choose any option fitting you the best:
a) sing-in to your router/access-point and find the camera's IP address in a DHCP server, or
b) 🔍 scan your network (choose any of these options):
Windows: Use Angry IP scanner or Advanced IP Scanner
- Geeks can run Terminal app and run “arp -a | grep MAC” where MAC is the cam's MAC address
- Otherwise use app IP Network Scanner (free for up to 6 devices, for more devices you can use free Angry IP scanner).
iOS: Purchase IP Network Scanner app ($19.90).
- Congrats! That was the hardest part! 🎉
- Open an internet browser and enter IP address of the camera.
- Sign-in to the camera - if you hadn't changed default credentials, you can find them in the camera's manual 📖.
- Change whatever you need to change, save your changes and enjoy!
See the example how Angry IP Scanner shows you IP addresses of your cameras:
Still need further assistance? Why not check out our Angelcam Community, where you can connect with other users who are sharing their own experiences and insight into various Angelcam topics and problems.