This article explains how to setup built-in motion detection in FOSCAM cameras.
Log into the camera administration panel
Click to Settings
Navigate to Network / Mail Settings
Check Enable checkbox
Fill in required boxes - SMTP Server, SMTP Port, Transport Layer ("None"), Need Authentication ("No"), SMTP Username/Password leave blank, First Receiver according to this article. Check screenshot below.
6. Click to Test button to verify the settings
7. Click to Save button
8. Detector / Action Detection (or Motion Detection)
9. Check Enable checkbox
10. Set Sensitivity to Medium or High depending on your needs
11. Make sure Send E-Mail is checked
12. Use Set Detection Area and mark with red the area you are interested in
13. Set time schedule - mark with red the operating times - ale click to ALL button
14. Click to Save button
Now you should see events in your mobile app. Be sure you have activated Cloud Recording App.
Please note that different FOSCAM models might have a slightly different user interfaces.
😇 We are here to help
Just say firstname.lastname@example.org or check out Angelcam Community to connect with other users sharing their own experiences and insight into various security topics.