Please note, the following instructions are for accessing on a desktop. If you want to learn how to view recordings from your mobile app, please read more here.
Step 1: First things first, you have to activate the Cloud Recording app for your camera. To do so, click on the grayed-out could recording icon and select the Cloud Recording plan you want to subscribe to. For more information on our plans, please have a look here.
Step 2: With your app now active, you’ll see a new Cloud Recording icon under the camera preview image (see image below for reference).
Step 3: Welcome to your Cloud Recording app interface. To help get you better accustomed to the functionality, have a look below at what’s included:
- Camera name
- Video window where the footage is displayed
- Subscription information and recording status
- Stream info (info here is being refreshed once a day)
- Camera timeline - you can click and drag on the timeline to scroll through the recordings or use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Timeline features:
- Green area indicates a saved recording,
- White* area indicates a gap in recordings.
- Blue dots indicate events like motion detection, etc. (see #12 below for more information)
*Consider checking your connection upload speed or adjust the streaming settings in your camera, as described here, if you notice some unintended missing recordings.
- Pop-up calendar for easier navigation with older recordings
- Selectable timeline ranges
- Playback speed (only with Fast forward enabled - see #11 below)
- GO LIVE button - jump back to a live view of your camera
- Create Clip button
- Fast Forward switch - Please note, this is an experimental feature that doesn’t support sound and has limited compatibility.
- Event Tracking - to learn more and see how to set up your sensors via IFTTT check out our article here or find out how to capture events from your camera, via email notifications, here.
- Timeline scroll controls
Step 4: If you’re interested in creating a clip and storing that footage, to be conveniently accessed at a later time, please note the following:
- Clips will be deleted if your subscription expires
- The maximum length of one clip is 3 hours, but the overall number of clips an individual can store is currently unlimited
Here’s a quick overview of the settings and controls involved:
- Start time and date of clip
- Red area represents selected time period (ends are draggable)
- End time and date of clip
- Save Clip button
Step 5: To access your past recordings, click the Saved Clips button at the top right of the administration page. From there, you can access your stored clips, grouped by each individual camera. Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll see:
- An example of a clip that is being processed (this usually takes a couple of minutes, depending on the length of the clip and server load)
- A preview of a processed clip
- Download Clip button
- Share Clip button
Step 6: Lastly, to access your recordings from a mobile device, please have a look here.
And that’s everything! As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com.
Still need further assistance? Why not check out our Angelcam Community, where you can connect with other users who are sharing their own experiences and insight into various Angelcam topics and problems.