In this brief tutorial, we will go over how to connect Angelcam and IFTTT to receive events from IFTTT-compatible devices or sensors, such as the D-Link Motion Sensor, which we will use as an example below. You can find the full list of other compatible sensors, devices, and automation systems here.
Before you get started setting up your device, the first thing you’ll need to do is ensure you activate Cloud Recording Application ifyouhaven’talready. Once completed, you can now continue setting up your IFTTT-compatible device. Let’s get started:
- First, you’ll have to connect your D-Link Motion Sensor to IFTTT. Follow the D-Link Authorization steps until your device is connected.
2. Next, you’ll need to merge your IFTTT account with your Angelcam account:
● While logged into IFTTT go to https://ifttt.com/angelcam. Click the “Connect” button and follow the authorization steps. Once completed, log into your Angelcam account.
3. While still logged into IFTTT go to https://ifttt.com/angelcam and choose one of the preconfigured applets. If you wish, you can also create your own applet.
4. Lastly, click the “Turn On” button. With that, you’ll be able to choose which Motion Sensor you would like to use, where the events from the Motion Sensors will be stored, and even the Title of the event. Once completed, click the “Save” button.
To verify that everything went smoothly, open the Angelcam Mobile App, select the camera, and check for events in the camera’s cloud- storage timeline.
For your other devices, sensors, or automation systems, simply follow the instructions once again to connect them to Angelcam and IFTTT.
Still need further assistance? Why not check out our Angelcam Community, where you can connect with other users who are sharing their own experiences and insight into various Angelcam topics and problems.