We had developed Angelcam Connector, a small but powerful code that can connect a video capable device (a security camera, intercom, ...) to the cloud easily, securely and reliably.
💡With Angelcam Connector inside
- Initial setup is easier and cheaper - there is no need to (re)configure your router, set port-forwarding, have public and static IP address
- On-going costs are cheaper - there is no need to pay for a public IP address
- A connection to a camera is be encrypted - stream credentials and video stream as well.
- Other devices in your network are not exposed to the internet as there is no need of open ports on your router.
- A connection is reliable even in long-term - it will work even when whatever in your network configuration will change. And you can bet - it will, sooner or later. Then a connection to your camera will stop work suddenly and there will be a need of investigate what exactly changed.
In a case you have existing non compatible device, please use AngelBox to connect your existing devices easily, securely and reliably.
👉Two options how you can get a device with Angelcam Connector inside
🤫There are actually three options. Developers and manufacturers can use source codes of Angelcam Connector and do their own integration.
A) Purchase a device with Angelcam Connector pre-loaded already
When purchasing a new camera, look for Powered by Angelcam sticker:
B) Purchase or use existing device compatible with Angelcam Connector
There are hundreds models of devices on the market where Angelcam Connector can be added anytime after purchase by using a special firmware or adding Angelcam Connector as add-on application, from these brands:
AXIS brand IP cameras now support the installation of Angelcam-ready firmware. Check the tutorial, linked below, to ensure your camera model is capable of using the Angelcam-ready firmware.
Angelcam-ready firmware is also available for certain Hikvision camera models. If you consider yourself as an advanced user, or simply want to give it a try, follow our tutorial how to upgrade your Hikvision camera with Angelcam-ready firmware.
Still need further assistance? Why not check out our Angelcam Community, where you can connect with other users who are sharing their own experiences and insight into various Angelcam topics and problems.