In this tutorial, we will go over how to connect Angelcam and IFTTT to receive events from IFTTT-compatible devices or sensors, such as the D-Link Motion Sensor. You can find the full list of other compatible sensors, devices, and automation systems here.
In order to fully configure your events, please read about how to set up sensors in Angelcam first.
With IFTTT, you can make your security system smarter, here are some example of the actions you can configure there:
- Create your own recording schedule
- Use any compatible sensor, device or app to mark events on your timeline or to start recording for a pre-defined period of time
- Use compatible standalone HW buttons or SW buttons in your smartphone to enable or disable your cloud recording quickly
- Enable/disable your recording based on your smartphone's location (to start the recording only when you leave your home)
Note: Make sure that you have an active Cloud Recording service, otherwise you won't see the events.
- First, you’ll have to connect your D-Link Motion Sensor to IFTTT. Follow the D-Link Authorization steps until your device is connected. Other devices will work in a similar way.
- Next, you’ll need to merge your IFTTT account with your Angelcam account:
- While logged into IFTTT go to https://ifttt.com/angelcam. Click the “Connect” button and follow the authorization steps. Once completed, log into your Angelcam account.
- While still logged into IFTTT go to https://ifttt.com/angelcam and choose one of the preconfigured applets. If you wish, you can also create your own applet.
- Lastly, click the “Turn On” button. With that, you’ll be able to choose which Motion Sensor you would like to use, where the events from the Motion Sensors will be stored, and even the Title of the event. Once completed, click the “Save” button.
To verify that everything went smoothly, open the Angelcam Mobile App or Angelcam web app, select the camera, and check for events in the camera’s cloud storage timeline.
For your other devices, sensors, or automation systems, simply follow the instructions once again to connect them to Angelcam and IFTTT.
Still need further assistance? Why not check out our Angelcam Community, where you can connect with other users who are sharing their own experiences and insight into various Angelcam topics and problems.