In general, there are 2 ways of connecting your device to Angelcam:
1️⃣ Plug'n'Play connection
Are you purchasing a new device or do you have an AXIS, Hikvision or 2N intercom?
There are hundreds of video-enabled devices on the market compatible with Angelcam Connector, e.g. from Axis, Hikvision or 2N. Having one of these devices is the easiest, secure and reliable option to connect a camera to Angelcam.
Do you have cameras already?
For those not being a lucky owner of a compatible AXIS or Hikvision camera, you can request your camera manufacturer to add Angelcam plug'n'play connection option into their cameras to make them Angelcam-powered.
In the meantime just purchase AngelBox - the best option for easy, secure and reliable connection of all your non-plug'n'play cameras.
☠️This option is for professionals only!
- It's not easy. Prerequisites public IP address for your router, a static IP address for your router or dynamic DNS service, credentials to your router, and experience of setting port-forwarding in a router.
- It's not secure. The video stream nor credentials are encrypted. You are creating a hole from the internet to your network (unless you whitelist our IP addresses in your firewall).
- It's not reliable. If just one thing in your network setup changes, including the IP address of your camera, the whole setup stop to work and camera become unreachable for our servers (while it may be still accessible from your local network). This typically happens all of sudden, sometimes even Months from the initial setup. You can get a notification when your camera goes offline, yet still, you have to spend time fixing the problem.
❗️Before continuing, answer yourself three times YES:
✅ I'm fully aware of the consequences of using port-forwarding
✅ I'm a professional experienced in the networking setup
✅ I understand Angelcam is not providing any port-forwarding related support
Good to go?
- How to connect regular IP camera via port-forwarding
- How to setup port forwarding for multiple cameras
- How to connect DVR or NVR via port-forwarding
Still need further assistance? Why not check out our Angelcam Community, where you can connect with other users who are sharing their own experiences and insight into various Angelcam topics and problems.