All Collections
General guides
Considering Angelcam
What devices can be connected to Angelcam?
What devices can be connected to Angelcam?

Sensors, alarm-panels and most video-capable devices can be connected: security cameras, NVR/DVRs, doorbells and intercoms, drones, mobiles.

Peter Ocasek avatar
Written by Peter Ocasek
Updated over a week ago

Our goal is to let you connect any device, no matter what brand and type.

1. Almost any video-capable device

Some of our advanced and creative users have connected also:

  • Drone

  • Server streaming RTSP video, including VLC player

If you don't have Angelcam Powered or Angelcam-ready device, we strongly encourage you to connect your cameras using AngelBox. It makes the connection easy, secure, and reliable. With AngelBox, there is no need for port-forwarding or having a static public IP address.

For professionals: If a device supports RTSP and h.264, or MJPEG at least, it can be connected. While we don't recommend it, you can use port-forwarding as well.

For developers and manufacturers: you can also compile or integrate our open-sourced camera auto-discovery and cloud-connecting tool Angelcam Connector, and run it on RPi or other ARMs, OpenWRT, or certain Ubiquiti routers, or even run it in Docker :)

2. Sensors and alarm-panels

There are three options for how to get events to Angelcam:

  1. via e-mail - if your sensor or alarm panel can send alerts via e-mail, it can be connected

  2. via IFTTT - if your device can send alerts via IFTTT, it can be connected

  3. developers and advanced users can use API as well

Events sent to Angelcam allow you to:

  • easily navigate in recorded video

  • get notification on your mobile phone (or via e-mail, Slack, Pagerduty, ...) to verify ongoing incidents

  • and more

3. Real-time security devices

One of the best ways to actively deter a trespasser is to simply speak to the person via the audio speaker. You can deter 98% of trespassers using this method. For the rest 2%, there is a fog cannon

😇 We are here to help

Just say or check out Angelcam Community to connect with other users sharing their own experiences and insight into various security topics.

Did this answer your question?